Symposion on Giuseppe Sarti – July 18th to 20th 2014
Giuseppe Sarti – Individual Style, Aesthetical Position, Reception and Dissemination of his Works
We like to invite everybody to this international symposion, organisized by our projekt A Cosmopolitan Composer in Pre-Revolutionary Europe – Giuseppe Sarti
(www.udk-berlin.de/musikwissenschaft/sarti), conducted by Professor Dr. Christine Siegert and Professor Dr. Dörte Schmidt (Universität der Künste, Berlin) and Dr. Bella Brover-Lubovsky (Hebrew University, Jerusalem), financed by the Einstein Foundation, Berlin and the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft.
The sections of the conference with speakers from USA, Russia, Israel, Italy, Austria and Germany are:
- Sarti as a cosmopolitan composer
- Problems of documentation and edition
- Problems of editing and performing Sarti
- Aesthetical context, conditions and consequences of composing or arranging of Sarti’s operas
- Cosmopolitan aspects of Sarti’s sacred compositions
The flyer with the concrete programm.