MusMig in the Croatian Musicological Review “Arti musices”
An article (in Croatian, with English summary) “Useful Liaisons: Luka Sorgo – Ruggiero Boscovich – Pietro Metastasio” has been published in the Croatian Musicological Review Arti musices, Vol. 46, No. 1. Online version can be found here: http://hrcak.srce.hr/index.php?show=clanak&id_clanak_jezik=211902. The text by Vjera Katalinić, leader of the HERA MusMig project, describes the letter of the Viennese court poet and librettist Pietro Metastasio to the scientist from Dubrovnik Ruggiero Boscovich (Ruđer Bošković), at that time in Paris. The letter gives some new insights into the Viennese sojourn of Luka Sorgo (Sorkočević), a nobleman and composer from Dubrovnik, who was sent on a diplomatic mission to the court of Joseph II. Luka Sorgo obviously arrived in Vienna in August 1781, hired his first headquarters rather far away from the centre, possibly near the Prater, so that the old poet was not able to meet him regularly. On the other hand, Metastasio gave information on the fine and noble character and personality of the Dubrovnik nobleman that attracted the majority of the local nobility at the Court.
An article (in Croatian, with English summary) “The Early-Baroque Composer Vinko Komnen (Vincenzo Comneno; 1590-1667) and the Network of his Predecessors and Contemporaries” has also been published in the Croatian Musicological Review Arti musices, Vol. 46, No. 1. Online version can be found here: http://hrcak.srce.hr/index.php?show=clanak&id_clanak_jezik=211888. The text by Stanislav Tuksar, member of the Croatian group, explores the biographical sources, identity, bibliography and music output of the early-Baroque composer, erudite and Dominican monk Vincenzo Comneno (Vinko Komnen; 1590-1667), who lived and worked in Dubrovnik, Rome, Naples, and Spain. The research is based on the new insights and interpretations of the complex publication (a kind of Miscellanea Proceedings) entitled “Le glorie cadute dell’Antichissima, ed Augustissima Famiglia Comnena”, edited by Lorenzo Miniati and published in Venice in 1663, as its second edition.