The Blog shall be an open platform for discussions on our international Research project “Music migrations in the early modern age: the meeting of the European East, West and South (MusMig)”.
We are a team of international scientists from Croatia, Slowenia, Poland and Germany, financed by the Joint Research Programme “Cultural Enconters”of HERA (Humanities in the European Research Area). The main idea of the Collaborative Research Project is:
- to gather individual information on migrating musicians within the broad “old European” territory (and outside it),
- to enter the data in the common data‐base,
- to create a map of migration flows and
- to draw systematic and synthetic conclusions out of the data collected in the database,
- to develop further systematic research issues via specific case studies, analyzed in depth by an interdisciplinary and multiperspective approach (histoire croisée)
- on the basis of such conclusions, specific case studies will be picked up, analyzed in depth and presented in various ways.